It may sound like Accident & Emergency, but it was a great show courtesy of ISP Yahoo! Broadcast and LAUNCH. Elton John live Internet simulcast of A&E's Live by Request on December 3, 2001.
Fans requested songs which Elton then performed. Their names are in parentheses below - and note one or two special callers!
- I'm Still Standing (Elton)
- I Want Love (Elton)
- Crocodile Rock (Nani)
- Daniel (Mark #1)
- Rocket Man (Robi, who lost her husband in the New York City tragedy)
- This Train Don't Stop There Anymore (Elton)
- The Bitch Is Back (Billy Joel)
- Philadelphia Freedom (Mark #2)
- Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Ana)
- Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word (Sting)
- The Ballad Of The Boy In The Red Shoes (Patricia)
- Your Song (Mark #3)
- Take Me To The Pilot (John)
- Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting (Elton)
Robi, who requested Rocket Man for her husband claimed in the September 11, 2001 tragedy, cried on the phone. After the song, Elton said that it is every musician's responsibility to perform whether in times of peace or war as it is through the magic of music that we all find relief.
Billy Joel's call prompted Elton to ask why he wasn't in bed yet. Billy said that he was in fact in bed, to which Elton persisted whether anyone was in bed with him. Billy said that he was all by himself. So, Elton offered to find him a girl for when they begin their tour again at the beginning of this coming year.
Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting was an extended version. After the song ended, the credits were still rolling on the TV screen so Elton and the band jumped in to continue playing the song to stretch it out until the last of the credits rolled by.
The live webcast took place on Monday, December 3, 2001, at 9:00 pm (EST). The webcast will be available on demand on Yahoo! Broadcast through December 10, 2001.