BBC Radio 2 is offering UK fans who are at least 21 years old and who have a valid passport, the chance to see Elton perform in New York City next year.
Not only will the BBC cover the concert tickets, they” also take care of the winner’s flights and accommodation. What’s more, you’ll be supporting BBC Radio 2’s Children in Need fundraising campaign. All you have to do is text in to be in with a chance of winning.
The winner and a friend (who also must be at least 21 and have a passport) will be flown to New York via United Airlines’ Business Class to see a Farewell Yellow Brick Road show.
You’ll fly from Heathrow on Monday, the sixth of April, and return three days later. The concert will be at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday, April 7th.
The BBC will take care of all your travel and you’ll also get to stay in the luxurious InterContinental New York, The Barclay for three nights.
The victor will also be invited to come in to the Radio 2 studio to be part of the Breakfast Show on Children in Need takeover day next week on Friday, November 15, 2019.
The prize includes:
- A pair of Elton John concert tickets for Madison Square Garden on the 7th of April in 2020.
- Return Business Class flights from London Heathrow to Newark Liberty International Airport.
- Transfers to and from airports in the UK and the USA.
- Three nights of accommodation in a luxury hotel close to the concert venue.
- Set expenses to cover meals for the duration of the trip.
- A visit to the Radio 2 studios in Wogan House, London, W1A to be guests on Zoe Ball’s Breakfast Show on BBC Children in Need Appeal Day next week.
- Winners will be supported by a BBC chaperone who will be present at various stages of the trip to ensure the smooth delivery of all elements of the prize.
- The BBC will cover expenses for meals to the value of £100 per person per day.
- Any additional expenses incurred will be met by the winners and not the BBC or BBC Children in Need.
How to enter:
- You’ve got from today (the 8th of November) until 3 a.m . Monday, the 11th of November, to enter.
To enter the text to win competition with a voluntary donation of £10 in support of BBC Children in Need all you need to do is text the word ELTON to 81155.
Once you receive confirmation of your entry, a one-off voluntary donation of £10 will be made to Children in Need. You can opt out of the donation by replying CANCEL to your entry confirmation text within 60 minutes should you wish.
- Entry texts will be charged at your standard network message rate and you need to be 21 or over and have the bill-payers’ permission.
- The winner will be randomly selected and notified by phone live on air, you must be available to answer your phone within SEVEN rings between 7:30-8:00 a.m. on November 11th.
More Terms and Conditions:
1. This competition is open to all residents of the UK (please note the text service to enter the competition does not include Channel Islands or Isle of Man mobile networks). BBC, BBC Group company and BBC Children in Need employees (and anyone connected with the competition and each of their close relatives) are not eligible.
2. This competition is one of five competitions within the “Rockin’ in the USA” series of competitions that BBC Radio 2 is running. Whilst the winner of one prize may enter the other four competitions, they will not be eligible to win any of the other four prizes.
3. Entry to the competition is only by texting the keyword ELTON to short code 81155. Text messages cost your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates – please check with your provider. If you enter using this service from a UK mobile abroad you may incur additional network charges). Entrants will receive a free bounce-back message from 62345 informing them that a voluntary donation of £10 to BBC Children in Need will be taken automatically within 60 minutes after the entry text was received, unless they respond to the message from 62345 with the word CANCEL before the 60 minutes has passed.
4. If your keyword or short code are invalid, or your text message is received outside the times and dates specified for the contest, you will not receive a bounce-back but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be donating to BBC Children in Need nor will you have entered the competition.
5. Opting out of the donation does not affect your entry into the competition.
6. You may enter a maximum of three (3) times a day. If you try to enter more times than this from the same mobile telephone number in one day, you will still be charged your standard network rate, but will not be entered into the competition and will not be donating to BBC Children in Need. Each time you enter, you will receive a free bounce-back message regarding the donation each time, and if you wish to opt out of the donation you need to respond to each such message received from 62345 with the word CANCEL.